Inspired by the ‘Happier with Gretchen Rubin’ podcast, (Episode 147, here) I have developed my own list of 18 things that I want to try during 2018 – #18for2018.
The invisible task on my list is to focus on my work-life balance, so you may notice that the majority of these are based around my personal life, not my work/school life!
- Try a pottery class
- Start a compost bin/worm farm
- Go to the gym at least twice a week
- Ring my 2 best friends once a month (this should not even need to make it to the list, however I’ve been so SLACK!)
- Run 3km (not a huge achievement for most, but for this asthmatic, HUGE)
- Try one of the self-guided classes at my gym
- Read 12 books and document them on GoodReads
- Learn conversational French (as you may have read on my blog earlier, I’m teaching French from Year 1-8…oui oui!)
- Finalise all name changes from my wedding…
- Learn to make kombucha
- Run a DoTERRA oils class to teach others about the benefits of using essential oils
- Cull my old school supplies – at least the 4 boxes that I haven’t opened since leaving classroom teaching in 2015
- Send Christmas cards (in December of course)
- Commit to Meat-Free Monday, as much as possible
- Continue travelling
- Finish the Noah’s Ark quilt that I started while I was still at uni…at least 9 years ago
- Take time to appreciate the little things
- Walk Tess (my dog) at least once a week (setting the bar low, but aiming for more than once a week)
There you go! Now to place this list somewhere in my home so I see it often to remind me! If you feel like sharing your #18for2018, I’d love to see yours!